The biggest challenge in dieting while living your real life is when your well-intentioned plans around living your healthy life conflict with well,plans in your life. Today, my plan was to go to Starbuck's after work, study for my test while drinking herbal tea. I was gonna go home around 7 and eat a protein-filled , under 300 calorie meal, and go to hot yoga at 8:30.
Except, at 5:45, just as I was settling in to my accounting homework, my dad calls and tells me he's in town and wants to have dinner with me! Well, I can't very well say no to my one and only father knowing full well that I am the one source of joy and comfort in his life since...anyway. So my dad and I went to rock bottom where I started off with my favorite - cucumber basil martini...at least I only had 1!
I made the best I could with what I had - a sirloin steak salad. I got the dressing on the side, but ended up eating all of it. Honestly, I cleaned my plate...the gorgonzola, the almonds, the steak, the croutons...there wasn't a bite left. ::SIGH:::
However, I was home in time to still make it to my yoga class. Hot yoga, of course. Candlelight Power 2. I've only been to a couple Power 2 classes, but I thought I could handle it. Well, what I didn't realize is that candle-lit yoga is harder - balancing is almost impossible. And this class was way harder than anything I'd done yet. Needless to say, I was dying, sweating to death, balanced impeded even further by the effects of the Cucumber Basil Martini...I got home DEAD, and here I lay now unable to move, except for my now 3rd glass of milk. My body is craving it, and deprivation is a sure fire way to failure.
Otherwise, I was good today.
Oatmeal
Tea
Luna Bar
Healthy Choice Pesto Chicken
only 3 M&Ms
Sliced Apples
Bag of Sugar Snap Peas
Cup of Brocolli
2 cups of Blackberries
Campbell's Soup at Hand Chicken Soup (70 calories)
Man, that's still a LOT of food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment