I weighed in at 135.4 this morning - that's the largest morning number I've seen on this scale since I bought it two years ago. This is bad. The situation is dire. Its like my body gave me a two month freebie where I started eating again and stayed at 133, and now it just decided to EXPLODE and I'm gaining a pound a week.
I think I've dieted too many times in my life to go on anything extreme. But that "be reasonable" approach only works for long term motivation - in order to start you need to be a little bit extreme for a while and I just can't get into it! Of course, having pizza, beer, and an entire pint of Starbucks ice cream for dinner Friday night doesn't fit into ANY kind of diet program, reasonable or otherwise.
I need to have an extreme two-three weeks, with no leniency, and THEN I can start the "moderation" thing for consistent weight loss. But moderation from day one just leads to no discipline at all. Every week I swear I'm gonna start and every week I just DON'T.
I plan poorly for my Monday mornings - I never have antyhing to eat for breakfast and I don't have any of my snacks. I ended up having a Starbucks sandwich for breakfast - I tried to redeem myself by taking off the bottom half of the English Muffin and one of the slices of ham, but it was still probably 400 calories (plus another 120 for my skinny carmel latte). And how do you start off a healthy week if your first meal on the first day on the first week is already 500 calories? Ugghhh I need help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just remember that breakfast is the MOST important meal of the day and therefore must be the most nutritious and largest (calorie wise). Include whole grains, fresh fruits, cereals, etc and the rest of your day should fall in to place.
ReplyDelete